cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi............

we can change parameters using rz10,rz11 . also we change parameers using brtools. what is the differnce?

Regards

jiten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jit

RZ10: you can edit parameters (Start,instance & default)

RZ11: You can maintaine/view the parameters

With help of BRtools we are altering the Database Parameters, (which is not possible in R3 frontend). Hence SAP has introduced special tool called BRtools upper version of SAPDBA

Say there are R/3 Paramenters & Database Parameters

Any query please write.

Nilanchal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can view and change with this tcode if you are not able to login in sap and other issue then you can work on os lavel also.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A profile in the SAP system is an operating system file containing parameters and configuration information of an instance.

All profile maintenance be performed from within R/3 using the transaction RZ10 (Edit Profiles),

RZ11 to change some parameters dynamically.

Check the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a6254505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

brtools are the tools used after the 2004s components.

To change the parameters with respect to database we use brtools for more information check the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0c/cd271365debc42bef96ac7fd907787/frameset.htm

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jiten,

I know parameter change using t-code RZ10 and RZ11 but never did in brtoools.Could you please tell me what parameter and how can we change in brtools?

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.............

using brtools cache size,sga_max....etc............parameters .

can be changed .

i guess database related parameters r only changed using brtools...if wrong plz specify..................

Regards

jiten