cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 11 - Dynamically loading a drop down parm at runtime in ASP.NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a report, I can specify that a parameter field load its choices dynamically by going into Edit Parameter>LIst of Values (Dynamic) > Choose Data Source etc.

Basically, it populates a distinct list from a field in the table I'm reporting on so that I can retrieve a choice to filter on. When I do a preview report in the design environment, it displays a drop down list from which I can choose.

When I run this report inside an ASP.NET page using the Crystal Reports Viewer objects, I always get a text box as the prompt instead of the drop down list. How do I force the page to dynamically load the drop down list as it does in the design environment. I've tried all sorts of

Me.CrystalReportSource1.ReportDocument.ParameterFields(0)....

Me.CrystalReportSource1.ReportDocument.Database....

but can't seem to get anywhere nor find the right combination of methods, etc.

What's the trick?

Ideally, I'd like to do a

Me.CrystalReportSource1.ReportDocument.ParameterFields(0).DataBind

and have the prompt text box be replaced by the drop down list as it appears in the design environment when you do an F5 to preview the report.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I recommend to post this query to the [.NET Development - Crystal Reports|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to custom application development or deployment with Crystal Reports in .Net. This includes full versions of Crystal Reports as well as those versions of Crystal Reports bundled with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all Crystal Reports .NET Development queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Thanks a lot,

Falk

Answers (0)