cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Business Objects XI R2 on Windows Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install Business Objects on Windows Server 2008 using IIS7 however i cannot select the IIS ASP.Net option when I get to the "Choose Web Component Adapter Type" screen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Adam,

Business Objects Enterprise XI R2 is not fully tested with Windows Server 2008, as this it has been released (February 2008) just after Windows Server 2003. You can install BOE XIR2 on it, but there might be certain issues related with it.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

Please refer to the PAR document for supported platforms. Windows Server 2008 is not supported for XIR2. The latest Windows version that is supported for XIR2 is 2003.

Kashif

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BO XIR2 really doesn't work on Server 2008

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is .net 1.1 or 2.0 installed? That should be all the installer is looking for even though as stated this is untested/supported yet.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dot NEt 1.1 is installed, Dot NEt 2.0 is not.

I will install 2.0 and see if it will work...and get back to you.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It should only need one or the other, you can try using sysinternals filemon/process mon.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

After not having much like with installing on IIS7.0 i opted to do an install with the TomCat Server.

This was also not successful, It seems that TomCat relies on a service called NTLMSSP

this has been removed in both Vista and Server 2008.. (I guess this is why ive been having so many issues!)...

After doing some reading on the above mentioned service it is quite possible that IIS 7 could also be using it.

Thanks for all your responses, but i guess this is a definate thing now (just in case some one else comes looking for this information)

Edited by: Adam M on Sep 16, 2008 7:45 AM