cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a client be refreshed with client copy?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I created a new client by

doing client copy from client 200 creating client 202

Now I want to refresh client 202 from client 200 (ALL ON SAME SERVER) , can I just re-run the client copy with source client being client 200 to client 202?

If so what am I to expect?

If not, then do I need to first drop client 202 and then do the client copy to re-create the client?

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi maria,

yes. if you want to refresh it, you can start client copy again. all client-specific data on client 202 would be the same as client 200.

you don't have to drop previous client 202 first.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

As you have mentioned that all the clients are on same server.Please run local client copy.login in to target client as sap* user and activate Local client copy with the required profile(probably sap_all).As mentioned by other user,please use source client logins.If ur running on MSSQL server,jus take care of transaction logs.make sure u have enough spce on drive

thanks

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

To all You Client Copy Guru's

I have another twist on client copies.

I am presented with the following task

Background

In QAS I have 3 clients 200 (Golden client), 201, and 202 (clients 201 and 202 created from 200)

We are in a migration project for HCM (Peopesoft to SAP HCM), and in the integration and pararell testing. The request is to refresh client 202 in QAS with client 200 from Production.

My uncertainty is around how this will effect other clients in QAS (200 and 201) as well , with doing a client copy between two servers is there configuration that needs to be in place to accomplish this (in other words, 'how to')

Any advise and and 'look out fors' is really appreciated

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Greetings!

To be clear, now your situation is to have a client copy from your Production client 200 to the Quality client 202.

Coming to the status of other clients in Quality system, the data or any other settings of the other clients is NOT going to be changed because of this client copy.

As far as the configuration part, you will have to perform the following functionalities in your Target client (Quality - 202)

1. Transaction SCC9 - Select Profile - Choose the SAP profile as per your need.

2. Enter the RFC destination to the Source system client - Production Client 200 - This RFC destination could be an already existing connection between both the systems or a newly created one.

3. Make an RFC system comparison to be sure that the connection is perfect.

4. Set-up the parallel processing parameters, Menu option Goto - Parallel Process. This option is dependent on the physical memory availability of the Quality server.

5. Execute a TEST RUN, prior to start of the actual client copy to verify Target client feasibilities. In case of any mismatch in table definition or table fields corresponding action has to be performed.

Please remember the following pre-requsities before starting the client copy.

1. Both the Source and Target client is to be locked against access to end users or other users. For a pre-caution lock all the users except SAP*, DDIC, TMSADM, BASIS and other System Admin users in both the clients.

2. No auto-logout parameters or restrictions on workprocess runtime exists as profile parameters in the system.

3. Additional space for a client is available in the database so the the client copy in not interrupted.

Kindly process the client copy in a server session such that network interruptions and other interruptions could be avoided.

Kindly revert in case you need further informations on the same.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remember, Maria, the user masters for 200 will also be copied into 202, which includes logons/passwords and profiles/role membership, etc.

Just make sure the users that get into 202 now will have the same passwords they have in 200, and if the users do not exist in 200, they no longer will exist in 202.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client copy and client transport tools

-Are designed to replace data of one client with data from the another client.

Hence if you want to refresh your 202 client with source 200,

you can just initiate the client copy in target client as the data

will be replaced with the source client.

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S