cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Inventory from Str. Loc. into Str. Bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a student working with SAP and I'm having a little trouble right now moving inventory from their respective storage locations into specific bins within those storage locations. If anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction towards a solution I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Step 1

-

1. First you have to assign warehouse to respective storage location - activation should done.

2. Ne

Step 2

-

Necessary IM/WM movement type assignment should done, along with you want to create Auto TR and TO activations should done at IM/WM movement types level.

Step3

-

You have to create GR with / with respect POu2019s accordingly the stock will take put away to the warehouse.

Step 4

-

Manually you want to transfer the stocks form interim areas to WM, you have to use the transaction code LT01, and here you should give source and destination storage types and bins.

Best Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick

Do you have WM?

In IM you can have one bin per material and this is specified in the material master in the Plant data/ st 1 view but only one bin per material is allowed. If you want more then you have to have WM

The answer to your question depends on your answer to this

Frenchy

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

SLoc is used in IM (inventory management) and warehouse (with its storage types, storage sections, bins, etc) is used in WM.

SLoc is 'always' used, within SLoc there's no detailed information on the exact location of your stocks. If you want to have detailed information on stocks, you have to implement WH and manage the stock both in IM and WM.

(In Customizing, you can assign a SLoc (or several ones) to a WH. In this case the same stock is managed both in IM and WM.)

...moving inventory from their respective storage locations into specific bins within those storage locations.

Within the SLoc you cannot move materials (you can only change their stock type), since detailed information is not possible. In the WH, that is assigned to that SLoc, you can move your goods from one bin to another using LT01/LT10. This way you will create TO (transfer order) and material movements within WH will be realized.

If you post GR, GI > check open TRs after IM-booking and processing those TRs you (will get the TO and you) can move your stock. If you post stock type change, material to material transfer, etc in IM you can check LU04 for open PCNs > process them to get the TO.

Check the first thread on MM forum, you will find links concerning WM.

Regards,

Csaba