cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last year's Budget Scenarios not visible in 2007A

Former Member
0 Kudos

I upgraded my system from 2004A to 2007A in May. I am now completing the financial close for May, but we are now in September, which is a new fiscal year. When I run the Profit and Loss Budget Report, I do not see any Budget Scenarios in the pull-down list, therefore I do not have any budget numbers in the report. Any idea on why there would be no scenarios shown in the pull-down? Was there a problem converting the scenarios during the upgrade to 2007A, so that they would be visible in the new fiscal year?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 2007A, when customer runs Profit and Loss Statement Budget Report, customer only can see the current fiscal year's scenario.

In 2005A SP01 version, you can set previous period as current period,that's why you can choose previous year's scenario. (As per Note no. : 941620.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. so how do you view last year's profit and loss budget report after you roll into the new fiscal year. it is important to be able to view last year's results against last year's budget. Thank you again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it works for your issue/scenario reported by you?

If yes, then you can mark the thread as answered.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does not work for my issue, since changing the system date causes a risk that transactions may happen, and presents an audit risk. Also, it cannot be managed by a user, and must involve IT and the system manager. So it's not a good solution. I would be interested in how other companies are handling this, since it is common to make financial adjustments, run reports, and close the books for the previous year after the new fiscal year has started.

I tried to create a new budget scenario for the current year (TestBudgetScenario) using LAST year's budget as a basis. This allows me to see TestBudgetScenario in the pulldown list when selecting the P&L Budget report. However, the P&L Budget report for last year's data still does not show anything in the "Budget" column. This must be because the system views the TestBudgetScenario as not applicable to last year's data. Any thoughts on a workaround? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ability to see different Budget Scenarios from previous fiscal years was available in B1 2005. Just for my information -- what is the reason for changing this functionality in B1 2007? Is it documented anywhere in the Release Notes? Thank you.

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Check the Note [1260823|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1odSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1260823]

Regards,

Jitin

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ted,

Could you go the budget definition area and check to see if the Scenario's exists there.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, last year's budget scenarios are there. But they are not in the pull-down list for comparing against last year's Profit and Loss (or Balance Sheet report either) once you are in the new fiscal year. How are other people dealing with this issue?

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in the Test Enviorment, if you change the system date from current fiscal year to the fiscal year date for which you want to have the data and log off and log in into the Business One, your Budget Scenario appears in the pull down list for that specific last year fiscal year??

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if you change the system date to "last fiscal year", the Budget Scenario pull-down is populated with last year's budget scenarios.