Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Administrator Workbench (RSA1) on NWVR 2004s/7.0

I am new to SAP & totally lost. Asked this question on BI board & advised to go to BASIS -- not sure where is that & so asking here. Below is what I tried to do & got.

With client 001 -> RSA1 (as SAP*)

Got message: "You can work only on 000"

Then with client 000 -> user SAP* -> RSA1

Got message:

"System NVR client 000 has no logical name!

Naming takes place through assignment to a logical system.

You might have to create another logical system before you can do this."

Create Assign Cancel

Selected Create

Got message -- "No changes for user SAP* allowed."

Selected Display -- got message "Changes cannot be made, display user only."

Ran T-Code: SU01D

User SAP*

Alias Blank

Selected Display

Profiles -> SAP_ALL

Roles -> Blank

Single Roles Composite Roles ??

When selected "Single Roles" I got bunches of roles. Which role should I select that will allow me to run RSA1 or I need to something else?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Former Member
replied

Hello. Step-by-step. Try this first of all create some user in yuor 001 cliente (best if you have other, 100 for example) and give him SAP_ALL for example. After relogin in system under this user, go to se16 -->in "table name" write rsadmina , press enter --> after press execute (F8) -->

select "BW", press change (F6) and change BWMANDT to your required client number( if you want to work in 001 change to 001). Save settings, after try to execute your RSA1 t-code.

P.S. about "logical system", you can create the "logical system" name in transaction BD54 with name

<System ID>CLNT<Client>.

Example :

If your central system is BW1, client 100, the name would be:

BW1CLNT100.

After assigning a Logical System to a Client in transaction SCC4 --> Switch to change mode.

Call the detail display of the client that you want to assign a logical system by double clicking on the line of the client (for example, client 100).

In the Logical System field add your created <System ID>CLNT<Client>.

Regards.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question