Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CR Server XI Plain Text Width Limitation?

The ultimate goal is to schedule a report that will email an output file in Plain Text format that is 520 characters wide. By installing a printer driver that supports a width of 60 inches on both the server where CR Server XI is running and on my development PC, where I initially developed the 380 character wide test report, I have been able to successfully create the 380 character wide report and email it in both Crystal Reports format and in Rich Text format. When I instead specify the Format in InfoView as Plain Text, and give a Specific file name ending with .txt, though, the result is consistently a text file that is 274 characters wide -- both on InfoView and the file that is emailed. I have tried every combination possible on Infoview and CMC for file formats and print settings. I have specified different values for characters per inch. I've exhausted every option I can think of, so....

Is there a limitation of 274 for Plain Text file format? Do you have any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question