Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CR Server XI Plain Text Width Limitation?

The ultimate goal is to schedule a report that will email an output file in Plain Text format that is 520 characters wide. By installing a printer driver that supports a width of 60 inches on both the server where CR Server XI is running and on my development PC, where I initially developed the 380 character wide test report, I have been able to successfully create the 380 character wide report and email it in both Crystal Reports format and in Rich Text format. When I instead specify the Format in InfoView as Plain Text, and give a Specific file name ending with .txt, though, the result is consistently a text file that is 274 characters wide -- both on InfoView and the file that is emailed. I have tried every combination possible on Infoview and CMC for file formats and print settings. I have specified different values for characters per inch. I've exhausted every option I can think of, so....

Is there a limitation of 274 for Plain Text file format? Do you have any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question