cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch URL/BSP from attachments link in workitem in Universal Worklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background info:

We have a custom business object. Default method on object in SWO1 is a custom display method. This display method returns a URL to a BSP.

When I open my workitem in SBWP and click the attachments link, it properly launches the URL which opens the BSP.

However, when I open same workitem in Universal worklist and click the attachments link, it does not properly open the BSP. It looks like it's trying to open a SAP GUI version of the object but nothing is displayed. When our developer puts a breakpoint in the ABAP code and we click the workitem link in UWL, the URL/BSP opens fine. So, UWL config must be doing something extra (added code? redirect?) that clobbers the URL/BSP launch. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

*Reminder, We are not trying to launch the BSP when you click the workitem link in the UWL list. This is the attachments link inside the workitem itself.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I have no direct answer for your question. Anyhow, if it seems that it will not work, a workaround (or even a better solution compared to the one you are trying now) might be using a custom action. You can configure an action (~button in UWL in detail area of the item) for the task, and by pressing the button you can launch an URL. Maybe worth to try.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G'Day Matthew,

The reason this works from SBWP and not from UWL is because you have an ABAP session in between. You don't mention the type of attachment, but usually what gets executed is the default method of the object. Thus the UWL has to initiate an ITS/WebGUI session to execute the default object method - this method may contain code to launch a BSP but it still needs to get to the code to start with.

You need to find alternatives, see if Karri's suggestion does what you're after.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike/Karri for suggestions. Our developer and I are looking at editing UWL XML config file to change action handler for the attachment link for that task. Will post if we are successful.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt... were you successful? Would appreciate your solution if you found one. Thanks.