cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: The page builder required to display this application UI ...

0 Kudos

Hello,

In Guided Procedures I am facing this error message in an action which is using a Web Dynpro Application callable object type. Right after the process initiation the system shows me this error message:

"The page builder required to display this application UI inside the portal environment is not available." so that the WD form view is not being shown.

I have read in the documentation that for WD Application it's not necessary any dependency related to GP API. Simply deploying the component into the server and it's good to go.

-We are using Netweaver 7.0 SP11.

-The role type for the action is set to "Initiator".

-Doesn't matter if I use the tab "Instantiation" or the runtime view to instantiate the process. The error always happens.

Does anyone know what can be done to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

I understand that using the "Instantiation" tab in GP DesignTime, the process opens in a new window. Can you confirm whether your process opens in a new window even by using GP RunTime?

While making a callable object from a Web Dynpro application, you might get this error when your process opens in a new window (A window which somehow no longer exists in the Portal environment. You can check this as you would not be able to see the Portal masthead and roles etc. at the top)

For more information, see this SAP Note:

[Error when executing a GP task - Page builder|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_gp/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d393831353137%7d]

Bye

Ankur