cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Prior Year Asset to Multiple new assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

We are required to breakdown one of our large Expansion Machinery Assets to multiple assets to reflect the main equipment purchased for the project.

There is a transaction in SAP (ABUMN) Transfer with-in Company Code. I think this transaction will work OK, EXCEPT for the following issue:

The Old Asset currently has a book life of 8 years. When we break this asset down, there are a few peices of equipment that we would like to depriciate at 12 years.

If we use Transaction ABUMN (Transfer) the transation will automatically move the % of depr allocation to the $ transfered based on book life of the old asset (8 years). What this will do is show the new asset (that has a book life of 12 years) as being over depriciated.

When this project is completed and the assets have been changed, I would like to show an adjustment in Depriciation Expense.

I am not sure as to which transaction ABAA or ABMA to be used to adjust the depreciation. Or is that I need to tackle this differently.

Please advise.

Regards

Umesh Gothankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thank you for spending time on my request. As a solution. I have used write-up in Asset Accounting to adjust the additional depreciation which was generated due to change in the useful life of Asset. I have still not done the changes in production system. Can anyone of you please confirm what I have done is correct. so that I can replicate this in our production system.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

why dont you use ABUMN and use partial transfer. The target asset that you are partially transferring your $ values can depreciate on different terms (12 yrs in ur case). If u use this logic than u dont have to post ABAA and/or ABZU (write-ups) anymore. try this in your sandbox first and see if it works.