cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Report Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have issue in deploying Crystal Report 2008 to production server. The IIS version is 6.0 which the same in development and production running on Windows 2003. I get the following error message when try to load report in .net page:

Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

Additional Message:

Trace:

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

It works fine in development and I was able to deploy it successfully on DR server but it fails on production server. I have identical permissions on DR and production server which includes NETWORK SERVICE and iis_wpg. I also disabled identity impersonate so that it should work using NETWORK SERVICE identity which is default identity for IIS Application Pools.

Network Service also have Read/Write permission on Temp folder.

Any help on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Use a program like Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com to see where it's failing. You can compare between working a non-working environments.

Possibly using Filemon and Regmon can tell you if there are registry permission issues accessing dependency dll's or registry keys.

Are there any firewalls between your app and server? Could be a port needs to be opened, process explorer will show you this.

You won't be able to attach the logs so if you do need assistance debuggin I suggest you purchase a support case and have a dedicated engineer help you. You can then pass logs back and forth.

Thank you

Don

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have cleared all references to Crystal Report version 11 from registry but it did not help either.

None of the crystal report works on production server

FileMon output shows it is looking for clientDoc.pdb file that is not there and just after that it reads clientDoc.dll and fails to load the report.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran process explorer but it didn't help much.

I ran FileMon.It shows is successfully query .rpt file and then it write an exception in log whioch is

9/19/2008 11:21:33 AM:

Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

Additional Message:

Trace:

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at Calyon.ITRisk.MyClarinet.App_Page.ReportDisplay.DisplayReport() in D:\webapps\sites\MyClarinet\web\App_Page\ReportDisplay.aspx.cs:line 100

Inner Exception:

Source: Analysis Server

Trace: at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

The only diffrerence between working and non-working environment is that non-wroking environment had Crystal Reports 11 that I unstalled and reinstalled CR 12 runtime again but it did not resolve the issue.

Network service has read/write/modify access to temp directory.

Thanks,

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Can you write a simple app that just tries to get to your report folder or browse it and open a report with saved data? We need to figure out why it's failing to load the report which usually means it's either locked by some other process or the folder mapping to the reports folder does not have sufficient permissions to allow you app to access it.

Does this happen with any report or some reports?

It may be that because of the XI install it may have left some left over registry keys which RAS is using rather than the new keys.

Look in the registry and see if there are any key in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5 or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5.

Back up your registry or export these keys to a file just in case and then delete them.

I assume you updated all your references to CR 2008 correct?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

surfing to look for a response to another problem I had a look at this post, because I had a similar problem with my reports when deployed on a web site.

I am using CR 2008 in an application written with MS Expression Web and VWD 2005 and the web server should be Windows server 2003, where they installed the CR 2008 run time redist.(msi) package.

In my case the problem was the reference to the physical path where the report was looking for the data on the web server. On the development machine I had the source data on a directory on a D:\ drive, while on the web server the physical path was a completely different directory on a C:\ drive.

So I created a similar directory on the C:\ drive on my development machine, copied the access data base into it and changed the data source location (Database -> Set Data Source Location...) of all the reports. This way I can still see the reports on the development machine and cleared the error on the web server.

Hope this work for you as well.

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Have you installed the runtimes of CR 2008 on your server, if not than please install from [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#08].

Multi-Language Build (cr120_redist_msi.zip) - 37 MB - install this msi file on your server with administrative rights.

Hope this works

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that it is a permission issue, therefore if you could indeed run filemon, this will help you determine why the report failed to load.

Cheers