cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using import wizard i tried to migrate object from dev to production it is not overwriting the universe and some report are not migrated. Its giving the error as " cannot find parent folder" not sure its a access issue or something else. We are using xiR2 with SP4.

Your help is appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the reports fail to migrate because they are located in a subfolder(s) that is not expanded. Unless the subfolder is expanded, its contents are not chosen by the Import Wizard for importing. To resolve this behavior, expand the subfolders in the Import Wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I had a similar problem in migrating a set of reports.

And i tried with the suggested solution. But it did not work for the reports i'm dealing with.

I encountered another problem:

"Committing the export object to the destination CMS failed. Reason: Failed to commit objects to server :

Duplicate object name in the same folder."

Could anyone help me with understanding this issue.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav.

When you use the Import Wizard with the update option the import wizard works based the CUID of the objects to know if the reports exists and need be update or not.

If the objects (p.e report) exists in the same path+name in both severs but with diferents CUID, the IW fails.

So check if the CUID its diferent and if is the case, change de name of the object.

Good luck.

Jaime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

The issue got resolved. I deleted the destination folder before migrating the reports.

Anyways, could you please let me know from where i could get the CUID for the reports.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav.

If you are working with BOE 3.X In CMC, into the object properties you can know the ID and the CUID.

If you are working with R2 you can use the Query Builder and use some select like

select si_id, si_cuid, si_name from ci_infoobjects where si_name ="Repor_Name"

Good Luck!

Jaime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jaime.

I'm using BO XI R2. But it looks like, Query Builder is not installed on my machine.

Hence I might not be able to get the CUID.

If there is a workaround. Please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav.

Query Builder is a Web Apps, and you can access using the next url in a Java deployment::

http://WebServerName:WebServerPort/businessobjects/enterprise115/adminlaunch/query/ie.jsp

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jamie for guiding me.

Answers (0)