cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL - Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period (in Seconds)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have my UWL configured on my portal. But the problem is that as soon as a user approves a work item, it should go away from his inbox, instead in my case, the user still has has this approved item in his inbox, even when he logs off and logs back again on the portal. The user has to manually refresh the UWL iview inorder to make that approved work item go way and get a correct list of work items in his inbox.

I followed this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/eb/101fa0a53244deb955f6f91929e400/frameset.htm

Help link. When I checked for the uwl_service user in my ECC, it was not there, so I created that user as a SERVICE user and gave him SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE role.

Now when I navigate to UWL administration System Administration -> System Configuration-> Universal Worklist and Workflow -> Universal Worklist - Administration and edit the "Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period (in Seconds)" property and change to to 10 (10 seconds) it shows me this warning:

The backend of system SAP_ECC is not configured for optimized delta pull

I wonder what Im missing?

Now next time when I refresh the page and when I navigate to check this property, the value 10 for " Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period (in Seconds)" is not there anymore.

Please suggest what needs to be configured so that my UWL iView refreshes every 10 seconds and as soon as a user approves a work item.

Thanks

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UWL iview refreshes but not as per the 10 second criteria mentioned by me. Has anyone faced this before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.B ,

uwl iview didnt refresh below 1mt which is default in my situation with deltapull.

I think it maynot possible for 10 seconds

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti Reddy,

But in the delta pull you can specify in how many seconds will UWL refresh. Isnt it?

I have one more question. Is the refresh only for new or updated items in UWL? or does it refresh otherwise also?

Regards

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Only new and changed items are retrieved when refreshed,

but you can see all the workitems in uwl...refreshing always try to look into new and changed items along with old workitems.

it is working for 60 sec

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti Reddy,

Can you help me with what all configurations have you done for this 60 second pull. (Portal and ECC both) ?

Because when I set the "Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period" it gives me this warning message in the UWL configuration iview:

The backend system SAP_ECC is not configured for optimized delta pull.

Are you also getting this message?

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sb,

did u you check below statement?

In case uwl_service fails to be created in the back end and does not exist, you can manually create a back end user with the id uwl_service and assign the role SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE and the rights as other end users.

OR

Map uwl_service to an existing back end user. Make sure that there is no multiple user mapping (there must not be two portal users mapped to the same back end user). This back end user must have the role SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE.

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti Reddy,

I have done that. The user UWL_SERVICE was not there in my ECC so I created it. What roles does your UWL_SERIVE have in ECC?

Thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you find SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE role in ecc or not?

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.B,

How did you solve the problem??

i am getting the same error.

Thanks,

Anumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer OSS Note 1133821