Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote printing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Good day!

I would to seek your advice regarding a CRITICAL printer issue.

Here's the situation.

The printer was originally setup in remote printing and printer was working fine before. However, when there was a network problem the IP configuration of the printer itself has been altered from 155.124.50.26 to 155.124.107.5. Then, we have requested to setup the new IP address in UNIX level to 155.124.107.5.

The current setup of the printer for host spool access method in SAP are as follows:

Host spool access method U: Print using Berkey protocol

Host printer TH_LOG_02

Destination host 155.124.50.26

When I tried to test print using the setup above unfortunately the error was waiting - Output device unavailable. But, when we changed the host spool access method to "L" and also altered the device type the user could print but it does not support the desired language (Ex. Chinese).

So my question now is, is it possible the user could not print because the remote printer of the computer(IP add is 155.124.50.29) was turned off?becase we were not able to ping the IP address. If the remote printer of the computer is not turn on do we need to get the correct IP address of the remote printer(IP add is 155.124.50.29) and set it up in the destination host field.

Please advise!

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Virgilio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Virgilio,

First make sure that your SAP server can ping to your new printer IP (155.124.107.5).

Then, you should change you Destination host field to new IP (155.124.107.5) using tcode SPAD on your SAP system otherwise you cannot print anything.

hope this could help.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com