cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall of Crystal Reports XI R2 Service Pack 3 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I needed to do a reinstall of Crystal Reports XI R2 and I am trying to reinstall the service packs. When I try installing SP2 it is saying it is already detected. When I try to install SP3 it is giving me an error that it canu2019t be installed on top of other business objects XI R2 products. Can someone tell me what is causing this and how I can get around it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please let us know the exact version of Crystal Reports before installing SP2.(Help>>About Crystal Reports)

Also do you have any other business objects product on the machine apart from Crystal Reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The product version is 11.5.8.826 and we do have Business Objects Enterprise Tools installed as well (With the universe designer). Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The version 11.5.8.826 shows that you are already on SP2.

So, yu need not install SP2 seperately.

Also, before you install CR XI R2 SP3 on your machine, you first need to install SP3 for BOE Server.

Please copy and paste the following URL in your browser and select the desired product.

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/bosap-supportsw

You can download the SP3 from this site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the SP3 for BOE and then tried to install the SP3 for Crystal Again and got the error message SP3 is not required since it is already detected on this machine. I don't see SP3 for Crystal in the add/remove programs and the reason I needed the re-install was to make sure all of the data connectors were installed. I am having an issue where I cannot connect to a universe on a remote machine. There are others in my company that after they installed SP3 they were able to successfully connect and I am still getting a login fail error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me with this issue? I really need SP3 installed so I can access my universes. I don't understand why it won't install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have mentioned that "There are others in my company that after they installed SP3 they were able to successfully connect and I am still getting a login fail error."

So would like to know the version and type of database that the Universes are based on.off.

1) Please ensure that you have the exact version and type of the database installed on your machine, that your colleagues are using .

Say for e.g if the Universes are based off Oracle 9 database, then ensure that you have the Oracle client(version 9) installed on your machine.

2)Please make sure that you have been added in the user list in the database.

May be we could come close to narrowing down on the issue by checking these 2 things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The universes are using an OLEDB connection to a SQL Server 2005 which is installed on a production server. What we are trying to do is to be able to have our clients open crystal reports and connect to a universe on the production report server. The user name for the database is a generic user name that all universes would use and that does have the correct permissions in SQL. Some of our clients can connect AFTER they have installed SP3, so I am trying to get that install because that is what seems to fix this error for other clients.I don't see SP3 installed when I look at add/remove programs, should I be able to see it there? Or is there a way to verify it is installed?

Answers (0)