Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who must apply a SAP note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I apologize for next question, but I was wondering who must apply a SAP note?

Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The person who has responsibility to run the transaction SNOTE. Sometimes Basis, sometimes developers, sometimes functional people.

Depends where you work, and their practices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you are just applying the change that the note recommends, the ABAPer responsible for that business area would be the one responsible to make the change that the note directs them to do.

Thanks

SL

0 Kudos

Thanks for answering!!!

for example, functional is running an standard transaction, system show a dump, when you search on Marketplace it recommend apply a note, developer get all information about how apply but basis said ' I do all'.... is that correct?

0 Kudos

> ... but basis said ' I do all'.... is that correct?

It depends on how you are setup and who does what and what agreements you have with "basis".

There is no answer possible here for you .... only a discussion about organizational controls and of course the technical aspect (who can do what in the system...

It is certainly okay that developers cannot do this without Basis , but "Basis" does not have to run the show... (sometimes they just click away anyway).

Are you actually using transaction SNOTE, or are you using the "note download manager" (cant remember the exact name of it)?

Cheers,

Julius

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> But if you are just applying the change that the note recommends, the ABAPer responsible for that business area would be the one responsible to make the change that the note directs them to do.

>

> Thanks

>

> SL

Only if not on a release before SNOTE (or possibly implementing a very obscure note). I haven't applied a note "by hand" for about eight years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any mods to SAP standard Objects via Notes Support Packs in principle should be done by BASIS. That is my opinion and i have seen this practice in many companies.

A

0 Kudos

In our company any mods to standard objects have to go via the CIO...

The CIO started in the company as an ABAP developer.... (a long time ago..)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

100% Agree. Approvals do have to come from CIO/SVP. But the implementation has to be done by BASIS.

I wish CIO could compliment notes ;).

A

0 Kudos

>

> 100% Agree. Approvals do have to come from CIO/SVP.

.....But what's the CIO/SVP stands for? actually

0 Kudos

> > 100% Agree. Approvals do have to come from CIO/SVP.

.....But what's the CIO/SVP stands for? actually

is it not Chief Information officer and Senior vice president. and I can some change in your name day by day..let me guess...:-)

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Sep 13, 2008 3:57 AM

0 Kudos

>I can some change in your name day by day..let me >guess...:-)

Its nothing but just R&D!

Cheers

Edited by: Ámit Güjärgoüd on Sep 13, 2008 2:42 PM

0 Kudos

Yes, it would be nice if the CIO complimented such efforts, instead of just saying No or Space...

-

-

>

Let me guess as well: Another World sent you a German keyboard?

-

-

0 Kudos

Now people may ask for Keyboards instead of T-shirts.

0 Kudos

Either that, or it's snowing

0 Kudos

or maybe he got pepper-sprayed

pk

0 Kudos

> >

Let me guess as well: Another World sent you a German keyboard?

-

-

No.

Just copy/paste from copy right name of someone(German) without giving the source

<Removed by moderator>

0 Kudos

Ámit,

>without giving the source

what will be the source in this case...?

0 Kudos

Don't take the bait Vijay. Ámit wrote <Removed by moderator> without removing anything (I checked).

Real mods write <removed_by_moderator>

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 15, 2008 2:08 PM

0 Kudos

Vijay,

This is top secrete

0 Kudos

> Don't take the bait Vijay. Ámit wrote <Removed by moderator> without removing anything (I checked).

>

> Real mods write <removed_by_moderator>

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

Julius,

Yup I strongly agree with you, Real mods write <removed_by_moderator>

But Mods of Mods Write like this only <Removed by moderator> lets Bait

Cheers