Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP SD material determination help...

Dear Members,

I have a scenario in material determination and I need your help.

We have old product and we have to substitute it with new product. now we have to finish old product first from the inventory then we have to substitute with new product in the material determination. so how do I put this condition in the material determination.

and also how do I substitute new material to the old material.

I will highly appreciate if any one could help me with the detailed procedure for this.

Thank you so much.

Rohan.

replied

Hi,

please see this notes i hope it ill helpfull for you.

MATERIAL DETERMINATION :

This function is used in several business scenarios.

Ex : l-40c product is discontinued so when we enter the material master. L-40c we want system to swap the material number to alternate materials l-40F

Business wants to introduce new product as alternate to the existing material l-60c and new product is l-60f. Now system will not swap directly but issue a pop showing an alternate material is available whether it has to be selected.

The user enters material xyz system will show a list of materials which are available for this particular specification (CUSTOMISED BY CONDITION TECHNIQUE)_

Menu Path :

Imgu2026 sdu2026 basic functions u2026 select material determination u2026 maintain pre-requisities for material determination

Select maintain procedure.

Select standard procedure A00001 material determination and copy as Z00002material dete.proc. and save.

The procedure z00002 has condition type u201CA001u201D. This condition type has access sequence = u201CA001u201D.

The access sequence u201CA001u201D uses a table no.1 material entered

Select assign procedures to sales document types

Sdoc. Type Procedure

Quotation Z00002

Select your document type and assign the procedure.

Select define substitution reasons

Select new entries

Substitution reason = Z1

Description = old material by new material

Entr4y = if activated will show the old material number also in the document relevant for output (communication to customer)

Warning = if activated system will issue an alert before changing the material to new number ( to be used only in the case at automatic swiping

Strategy : Keep it blank for automatic swiping

Save.

Create one more substitution

Z2 Alternate A

To test it create the condition records.

Menu path :

Sapmenu u2026. Logistics u2026 sdu2026 master data u2026 products u2026 material determination .. create (VB11)

Material entered : the no.of material which is entered in the document.

Material : here you have maintain the material number which is the replacement

Enter the respective material numbers and then fill up the proposed reason (Z1/Z2)

Now create the document and test the working of the function.

Enter the material now the system will automatically swap the entered material with the another material number. System will maintain the record of material entered.

SECOND SCENARIO:

VB11 (SAME PATH)

Maintain the proposal reason as Z2 material

After we enter the material system will show the popup message showing the alternate material. We have choice here either copy or continue with entered material number.

Suppose you want to maintain more than one material as alternative material. Select the line alternate or (F2) button.

with best Regards,

Y.VENKATASWAMY.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question