Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 20 custom Fields to Direct Input Method in LSMW is that possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

is that possible to add Custom fields to the Direct input Method for Asset Master .I have Written a Batch Input Method due to Performance issue I cant use that Batch Input Method .I have to add 20 fields to the Direct Input Method is that Possible in LSMW .How ? If not any alternative solution to solve Performance issue .

Points will be awarder.

Thanks..

Thom

Edited by: David Thomas on Sep 12, 2008 8:20 PM

4 REPLIES 4

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternative method

Try to use BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 and fill up the custom fields using EXTENSIONIN.

Here is documentation related to EXTENSIONIN.

Using this parameter you can transfer user fields from the asset master record. However, it is not possible to transfer fields that are updated in user-defined tables. Only user fields that were defined using SAP enhancement AIST0002 and are automatically updated in table ANLU can be udpated in this way. This means you have to use table extension BAPI_TE_ANLU.

Enhancement AIST0002 contains function module EXIT_SAPL1022_001 as a component in which user fields can be implemented.

The documentation ( BAPIPAREX) of the structure that forms the basis for this parameter contains additional information about using this parameter.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer .I will try this

Former Member
0 Kudos

we cant do zfields with direct input method , for this you have to use recording method only (batch input method) in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In the LSWM, there is an option for batch input recording,, if you want to update the custom fields then choose the batch input method and record your transaction, then start mapping the required fields you like.