cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Selection using the PLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current customer is automatically printing a Sales Order to the user's default printer when the Add button is pressed in Sales Order Entry. This works well, but my latest challenge is depending upon the time of day ( that is, morning vs afternoon, by a User Defined Field set at Order entry time) to print the Order on a different printer, which is actually a different color of paper that resides in a different tray in the printer.

Is there a way to have Print Layout Designer direct the Sales Order to the desired tray in the printer from the value in the User Defined field with out having the person entering the Sales Order select a printer?

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

Dana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cannot confirm whether your issue is same or not but

In 2005A you can check :

If your different trays have different colour paper :

- Via Windows, define each Tray as a different printer (i.e. PRT1yellow; PRT1red; PRT1green)

- Via PLD > Document Properties > Paper Format > Printer section select the desired tray (i.e. PRT1green) and click OK.

Regards,

Jitin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dana,

Controlling, which printer the SO is directed to based on a UDF value is not possible.

If the Users are going to be different at the different times of the day then there is an option for this.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will be a very difficult task to do. It is too much to use UDF to control which printer to print and even to select specific tray.

You may need some other suggestions to your customer to reach their goal. You can tell them Printer Control is OS task, they may need to define the default printer and default tray in a specific net printer.

Thanks,

Gordon