cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy within config steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

Background - In preparation for Solution Manager deployment, I have gone through the setup and basic configuration of solution manager several times on a test server. I have read through the Documentation, the Install Guide (including post install steps) and also the IMG.

Question - I am somewhat confused as to where in the order of post install you would preform the client copy. If you walk the IMG tree from top to bottom (and use the manual config, not wizard-based), the client copy IMG task is not until after the initial config. And yet, there are client dependant config steps withing the preceding steps. For example, configuring background jobs, creating users and authorizations (because config is in 000, yet 001 contains your user master for the later client copy). I'm wondering if the IMG steps are not necessarily in order? And if not, when should the client copy occour?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

The steps you mentioned can be executed before or after the client copy. I do not see any problem with it.

I normally follow IMG steps from top to bottom and never had problems with this approach.

Regards

Val

Answers (0)