Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS - Link to ESS "Working Time" from a custom Team Viewer iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Portal 7.00 SP14, ECC 6

BP_ERP5ESS /MSS 1.0 SP13

We are currently migrating from 4.6C to ECC6 and to Portal 7.0

I have a custom "Team Viewer" iview that gets all employees reporting to a manager. It currently uses EPCF eventing to allow managers to do various activities for employees, such as viewing their working time using ITS based "Record Working Time"

As part of the migration, I need to merge the custom team viewer with the new webdynpro ESS "Working Time" screen. I also need to be able to somehow pass the employee number into the webdynpro view to get the specific employee's timesheet.

Since we don't want to change the actual ESS "Working Time", I was thinking of writing a custom java program that will interact with the team viewer and receive the ee number and somehow pass it to the new ESS "Working Time" view.

Is this possible? What approch should I use? How can I pass the employee number to "Working Time" to view the timesheet of an employee? We can't use the new team viewer or any of the "Related Activities" links in the standard MSS.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Is your team viewer completely custom, or is it based on the old MSS team viewer for 4.6c with custom configuration in the backend?

Why can't you use the new Employee Search? If you can get it to work the way you want via configuration (and I would be very surprised if you couldn't) it would allow you to use any of the standard related activities, as well as providing easy integration with custom WebDynpro ABAP screens from SPS12.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Our team viewer is custom, it allows managers to look at other manager's teams (laterally), since we did not want to change our org structure.

It is using EPCF eventing which triggers refreshing of other screens. One of the screen that we need to get working as part of ECC6 migration is the new webdynpro "Working Time" screen. In the old system we used the ITS screen which automatically opened by clicking on an ee. I would like to bring the same functionality into the new system and use our old team viewer and cause an event to open the new webdynpro working time screen.

I noticed that the new MSS screens use PCR through related activities link. My challange is how to pass the PERNR to the working time screen through an event or some kind of a java / webdynpro wrapper application and open the view on the same page.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Not sure how/if you can get your custom team viewer to work with the standard WDJ screens, but we do have a similar MSS scenario that is being handled with the standard employee search.

We have some managers (chief positions) that look after org units that are not in their part of the org structure, but still need to see these employees in MSS.

We created a new relationship A/B ZCO (co-ordinates/is co-ordinated by) and use it to link the managers position to the external org units.

We then adapted the standard employee search configuration to pick these relationships up. It can also be used for non-manager positions who need MSS access to parts of the org structure (e.g. Co-ordinators).

We had all this working in both the old Team Viewer and the new Employee Search, in fact we still use the old Team Viewer with an ITS timesheet as we had "issues" with the new Working Time screen.

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

This is a bit off topic from my original question... BUT could you please provide me more info on how the org relationships are configured. Any documentation would help. We are specifically interested in:

Employee Search - making sure that a manager can look at another manager's ees. This is needed especially when the manager is away on vacation.

Timesheet Approval - how can we "bring" in other manager's ees on that screen? We played a bit with the IMG views and groups, but still are a bit unsure about the setup / org configuration.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Not sure how useful this info will be for your situation, but here goes anyway.

For the Employee Search configuration we have two custom scenarios:

For staff who need MSS style access to part of the org structure, but aren't in chief positions, we have a custom relationship A/B Z12 which is assigned from their position to the relevant org unit. We have also copied standard evaluation path SAP_MANG to ZAP_MANG so it includes both the A012 (chief) and AZ12 relationships, and configured the MSS OADP settings accordingly.

For MSS users who need to see org units outside their normal reporting structure (i.e. beyond the root org unit their position is linked to via A012 or AZ12) we have created a relationship A/B ZCO. This can be attached from their positon to any number of org units. We handle this with a Z copy of standard evaluation path SBESX, again configured accordingly in the OADP settings.

For timesheet approval, we don't use the new Working Time service or the associated workflow approval, so can't really comment on your options for that. I suspect that anything "custom" you wanted to do with that would probably need to be done in the workflow rather than configuration though.

If it helps, our ITS based timesheet approval solution works like this:

For users that need their timesheets to be approved we default the manager according to the org structure, but the user can select a different approver (e.g. usual manager is on vacation). The new approver is stored via a parameter id in the backend so it "sticks" until the user changes it or resets it back to the default approver.

We send out email notifications with links to the UWL once a day, so when the new approver goes to the UWL and launches our custom (ITS) timesheet approval screen, they see a list of all the employees with times to be approved, based on who had nominated them as their approver.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Cheers,

John