cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 (v12) Runtime on X64

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been having some serious problems trying to view reports on my Vista x64 machine with CR2008 SP0. I have done an insane amount of testing with no good results.

The error is the typical one that says you either have the wrong key code or the wrong runtime.

At the request of an engineer on CR2008, I am posting my test procedure with results each step of the way.

This is a new computer that had no previous versions of anything on it. Vista x64 Ultimate with SP1, VS2008 SP1. That's it.

-

Uninstall CRBasic SP1

Uninstall CRBasic

Uninstall CRBasic x64 runtime

Install CR2008 SP0 (options: English only, typical installation) (remember DEP is permanently off)

• Results

- As before, designer is now working inside VS2008

- Cannot view reports in debug mode or at runtime. Same error as always - reg key permissions or incorrect runtime

Install Runtime (CRRuntime_12_0_mlb)

(Note, I never know what to put into the product id prompt. I just stick the keycode in there. But I donu2019t want to give my keycode out to my clients. I need to have them install the runtime so they can run this new version of my reports. What do I do?)

*Results

- I still cannot view reports. This is really aggravating. This is on the development machine where CR2008 is installed. I shouldnu2019t even need an additional runtime should I? Is this an x64 problem? I thought SP0 made that go away. Is it really the keycode? I used my keycode to install CR2008. Is there something in the registry I should be checking?

Install Fix Pack 1

*Results

-no change in debug or from the compiled app

Install Fix Pack 2 (there is no info anywhere about this FP. Is it cumulative (including FP1)?

*Results

-no change in debug or from the compiled app

Reinstall runtime just in case

I see the whole thing is going into program files (x86).

Looked on website and saw a NEW runtime was uploaded 3 days ago.

Uninstalled prev. runtime.

Installed latest runtime

*Results

-no change

Rebooted (there are no prompts suggesting this)

*results

-No change

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issue for CR2008 deployment on windows 2008 R2 64 bits

GREAT in 2010 !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is note 1200907 still available? I can not find it

nancy_budd
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, where is this note 1200907?

It is referenced in MANY places, yet cannot seem to locate it!

nancy_budd
Participant
0 Kudos

nancy_budd
Participant
0 Kudos

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Here is the anwer from .Net developers:

This is likely due to the fact that the .NET Windows app was compiled for a 64 bit processor. User needs to explicitly compile application for 32 bit.

This is documented in note 1200907.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-notes]

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have only aspx page ?

It s not necessary to compile and option is not accessible

I have a lot of solutions with FREE Crystal Report 10.5 without problem on windows 2008 R2 64 bits server

I have just bought CR2008 V12 ! not compatible !!!!

I liked Crystal Reports but i think i ll play with Report Services soon !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if, in fact a 64 bit .NET  app can or cannot use the Crystal 2008 runtime (developer) to view reports.

CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi is what I use under 32bit. (works great) Is there something compatible if I compile as 64bit?

The link under

This is documented in note 1200907.

is broken.

I spent 1/2 a day on the phone yesterday with sap, they said to check in these forums...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to know if, in fact a 64 bit .NET  app can or cannot use the Crystal 2008 runtime (developer) to view reports.

No. You can not use CR 2008 runtime in 64 bit apps. CR 2008 only has 32 bit runtime...

CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi is what I use under 32bit. (works great) Is there something compatible if I compile as 64bit?

See the document SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio Updates & Runtime Downloads. Note that version 13 is only for VS2010 / 2012...

BTW.; you are on Service Pack 3. I'd recommend updating to SP 5 (see above link).

BTW 2; re. spending 1/2 a day on the phone with SAP... did you get a case number?

BTW #3; the best place to post queries re. CR in .NET apps is the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio SCN Space.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces