Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gATP process for Sales Order BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

In gATP process, how is the ATP check carried for the follwoing scenario:

A material exists with a BOM. However parent material is NOT forecasted & planned but

ONLY components are forecatsed in DP and planned in SNP.

Now when a SO is entered against the parent material, how is the ATP check carried out? Does the ATP check for the supply situation of all the BOM components and any phantom BOM's for any of these BOM components?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

I think this kind of planning is not supported in APO,both the header and component should be APO relevant.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

when you say that the header and component should be APO relevant, what do you exactly mean ? Do you mean even parent(header) should be forecasted and planned as well or is it OK if just the parent material exists in APO for informative purposes ?

Sai

based on what you had said, I am understanding that even though parent(header) is NOT forecasted and planned in APO, and only BOM components are forecasted and planned, gATP can still work at the parent level in R3 -SD by checking the supply situation in APO for BOM components. could you please clarify ?

Would appreciate your feedback and thoughts on the same

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

you got that Pat..even though Parent is not forcasted and Planned..in R/3 at during the creation of SO for Parent Product..ATP check happens for the BOM components in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

I mean parent material should be there in APO for informataive purpose .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks for the very quick response.

This would provide me with a direction for me to work on.

Sai,

In your previous experience, did the system mandate to have the Parent(Header ) material in APO, just for informative purposes( even though its not APO relevant ). If so, how was this accomplished as MRP Type will be PD not be X0 for these kind of materials ? Did you create a separate integartion material to CIF these PD materials into APO or can this be acieved by any custom program ?

Would appreciate you insights, thoughts and experiences on the same

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

All parent materials are APO relevant with MRP type X0..we used to CIF materials that are only APO relevant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

You can create a variable in TVARV table ( tcode sm30 ) for this kind of material and fill table varaible with required material than you can call that variable as a varaint for CFM1 and create IM.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

I think we are not on the same page on Parent(Header) material. More specifically we are dealing with SO/WBS BOM's and not standard BOM's. I apologize for not communicating this requirement earlier.

As I said my Parent(Header) material is not forecatsed and planned in APO and the MRP Type will be PD for this parent (header) material.

In our scenario, MRP run for Parent material will explode the WBS BOM ( Related to Project Systems) and pass on the dependent requirements to APO fo further planning. These WBS BOM components will have MRP Type X0 and will be Ciffed to APO for further planning.

Now my question is, I need to pass on the Parent(Header) material is to APO whose MRP Type will be PD. Apparently I can create another integration model which has MRP Type as PD but am not sure what would be the effects on other areas, by doing this.

Manish,

I tried to go into the TVARV table and create a variable but am not sure how this variable is linked to a Material and how this can be called/used as a variant while creating IM.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize for misunderstanding. Though we did not forecast the parent material..we had the MRP type X0 as we used them for DP BOM Explosion and the exploded components are forecasted and planned in SNP.

In your scenario I am thinking of 4 options for Parent material:

1. CIF the material with MRP type PD

2. CIF the material with MRP type X0 and change the procurement type to "P" in APO

3. CIF the material with X0 and maintain SDP relevance as No planning in DP or SNP

4. CIF the material with X0 and do not forecast or Plan in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

After defining variable in TVAR table go to SM30 enter TVARV

Select maintain than select the variable on selection option tab and edit than select multiple selection (arrow button) enter material and save it.

After this go to CFM1 create a variant and while saving it will take you to screen where you define name of the variant .

Select the check box in front of Material

(Field attributes: Selection variable) than click on Selection Variable than define variable what you have defined in TVARV in material variable name.

Define check mode =106 and ATP Group:KP/KZ for the header for which you dont want to check ATP .

And for the componet you can define : Check mode 30/4 as per your planning stategy. and ATP Group:02 .

Hope it will help you.

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Sep 12, 2008 4:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai, thanks much for your prompt reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish, thanks for ur prompt reply too.

So basically what u r saying is I should create mateiral using a certain number range and create a variable in the TVARV table and use this in the CFM1 models variant for material master. Am I right ?

By doing this, when ever I activate the integaration model, does all the materials selected in the variable in the TVARV table ? So the only thing I need to ensure, in order to avoid manual maintenance of variant in the Integration Model, every time a new material is created is by using a number range. is that correct ?

Further where do I define the check mode and ATP group for respective Headrer and component materials?

TIA

Edited by: Pat Connolly on Sep 12, 2008 11:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

You can maintain new material in TVARV variable whenever you want to make it APO relevant through SM30.

you need not have to touch IM variant at all after initial setup ,as soon as you add material in TVARV and next time you activate material IM , it will pick up new material.

You need to define Check mode and ATP group in product master on ATP tab in APO.

That can be transferred from R/3 your requirement class and check mode repective will be your Check group and ATP group in APO.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish

Thanks for the information. I have a better understanding now.

My only concern is one should manually add new materials into the TVARV table variant, everytime a new material is created and want to automate this process.

In our PS (Project Systems) scenario, it is very usual that there will be new configurable material created everytime, when a new project is created. Hence, underlying material component configuraton will vary based on this new parent(configurable) material.

At this juncture, if we follow the variable creation process in TVARV, I am thinking that one should manually change this varaiable everytime a new configurable material is created in the project.Is there anyway to automate this process ? My expectation is to see the materials automatically added into either TVARV table variant or into the IM model somehow ?

Any ideas, insights or suggestions ?

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai, Manish

I had posted an issue which is related to this gATP issue. Would appreciate if you could look into this and see if you can provide me with any insight.

Thread name is gATP check issue for Automatic material reservations

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

We are using custom program based on classification of the material to add it to TVARV table.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

One more quick Q.

As you mentioned that your custom program will add the material to the variant in the TVAVRV table based on the Material Classification, does doing this will always deactivate the Integration model, and needs some manual intervention to re activate the IM, everytime a new material is added to the variant ?If so, can re activating the IM alos be automated through a custom program ? Is it possible ?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my past project we had a similar scenario i.e the BOM components are forecasted and planned. So while creating a SO in R/3 Rules Based ATP check happens in APO for these BOM components and based on that SO is created. We did not have any Phantom BOMs so I am not really sure on that part.

I think ATP Chack cannot be carried out for Phantom BOMs. Please follow the below link and check under constraints

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/05/7e1f3bc779144ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Edited by: sai balakavi on Sep 12, 2008 7:22 PM