cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi message to Proxy ABAP without BPM possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am designing a scenario where my source is a flat file and the target SAP.

According to the content of the file, we would like to group the data per company and then send the grouped data.

The question is, is it possible to send data in a proxy per company? which means that we would have as many proxies as there are companies? without using BPM

Thanks a lots,

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible without using BPM.

What you could do is to have multi-mapping well defined.

So the target message is per company.

The source is one message and the target is multiple, this is message splitting, this is supported by integration engine in PI 7.0 without BPM.

Your interface determination should select extend option.

Regards.

Liang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, i will see if we can process this way.

Kind Regards,

Jamal

0 Kudos

Hi Now i have the same requirement. As you said group the data by company code in the internal table and handle it, does not feasible to my requirement.

I am doing material movements using proxies. Here for every loop i will call BAPI to do the material movements. Suppose there are 10 rows which are coming from XI and needs to do 10 material movements.

First 5 loops successfully processed, but some functional error comes while executing the 6th loop. My proxy will throw the exception comes out of the process.

By seeing the error record data in the exception, i have rectified the error. Now if i restart the proxy, the proxy will again try to execute from 1st row. But, first 5 th rows are already successfully processed.

This shouldn't be the case in real time. How can i overcome this?

If i get the proxy data row by row, then it would be more beneficial to me to handle.

How can we the message split possible using enhanced interface determination in the Proxies.

Could you post the solution, if anyone has?

Thanking you,

Regards,

Krishnaraju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to do multimapping. No need of multiple proxies too. As VijayaShankar said is very correct as per my understanding.

You do normal mapping in XI and create one inbound proxy in R3. Write the logic in proxy as per the different copanies. In R3 you will get all the data into internal table now you can play with data and divide the data into multiple internal tables as per company codes if required and then accordingly you can process it at once. Hence the perfomance will increase and also by doing so your scenario will be easy in terms of maitainance.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

I had the issue,my scenario is JDBC to SAP(Proxy)

Iam getting error as below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Technical Routing

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="OUTBINDING">CO_TXT_MMF_ENGINETYPE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Messages in multi message format can be sent to one adapter engine only</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

How can resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Sriniva,

We can't do message split, that you have done in the message mapping(Used in Enhanced interface determination) to create proxies.

As XI and IDOC adapter resides in the IE, message splitting is not possible.

We can create mulitple IDOCS by changing the occurences in the External definition, but it can't be done for the proxies.

This can be achived only through BPM. This is the drawback of proxi.

So, I am going to create custom IDOC for these kind of scenarios.

If you have any idea how to achive message split using the server proxi without BPM is highly appreciable.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Krishnaraju

Edited by: v r krishnaraju mudunuri on Dec 3, 2008 1:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did multi mappings, but I get the following error:

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="OUTBINDING">CO_TXT_MMF_ENGINETYPE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Nachrichten im Multi Message Format können nur an eine Adapter Engine verschickt werden</SAP:Stack>

I do have my multiples messages created, but they wont run in the interface determination.

Do you happen to know why?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need only one proxy. Use node functions and set contexts to group the data as per companies. Send this entire data to one single proxy call. This will be received in the proxy as a table of data. Put ur logic to process company by company. No Multi mapping needed. This is the bese and most efficient solution.

VJ