cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a BAPI or function that can create a PO without the purchase req.

0 Kudos

I need a BAPI or function that can create a PO without the reference to a purchase requisition. We are creating "direct POs" (with no reference to PR) manually. And we have a large amount of documents to create. I can't figure out if BAPI_PO_CREATE and BAPI_PO_CREATE1 can help us by doing this, because I've understood this BAPIs creates POs only with the reference to a purchase requisition.

Thanks in advance!!

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you write the LSMW to create the PO without PR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

You can use BAPI_PO_CREATE or BAPI_PO_CREATE1 . The requisition was not

a mandatory field. The BAPI_PO_CREATE1 works almost same as ME21N.

You can try with ME21N and put the exact data to BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and see

the result. If you have any others issue when simulate this, then please tell us more

in case we can help you.

BR

Ian Wong

0 Kudos

Sorry I'm late guys, I couldn't replay your posts because I was busy.

Charlie,

...just because we have the data already in the SAP system.

My client doesn't want purchase requisitions to be created from the PM orders. Instead he asked us to create the purchase workflow by generating direct purchase orders from the PM orders, basically taking the information from the purchase agreement within the order's tasks. Maybe you don't understand a bit what I'm saying, but let me get this straight: we can't use LSMW because data doesn't come from a legacy.

Ian,

...after all, and like you've said, we're gonna use BAPI_PO_CREATE1 for creating the POs. Today I finally realized that, purchase requisitions aren't mandatory for the bapi to perform the process. If something goes wrong, I'll let you know.

Thanks anyway for your attention.

Sebastian