Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "You may only define methods within "CLASS class IMPLEMENTATION"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have code in LMIGOSMC so that the vendor batch number appears in the MIGO transaction for certain movement types. We have created another, custom movement type in which this functionality should be available so I need to add it to LMIGOSMC. When I go in and try to make the modification I am getting the following error:

"You may only define methods within "CLASS class IMPLEMENTATION ...ENDCLASS".

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not doing anything wrong with regard to the syntax error you are getting. During the syntax check of include program LMIGOSMC, the system is not aware of the CLASS... ENDCLASS statements within the program LMIGOSM4. Try the syntax check at the LMIGOSM4 program level (or even better, at the SAPLMIGO level) and you will see that the error is not given.

Regards,

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not doing anything wrong with regard to the syntax error you are getting. During the syntax check of include program LMIGOSMC, the system is not aware of the CLASS... ENDCLASS statements within the program LMIGOSM4. Try the syntax check at the LMIGOSM4 program level (or even better, at the SAPLMIGO level) and you will see that the error is not given.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I actually figured this out just before I read your response. Thanks so much for replying!