cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable end-users from seeing and editing their user mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing an external portal where all users are mapped to a generic system user for back-end access to SAP, but for security reasons, we do not want them to be able to see or change this system user.

The issue arises in that the users need to be able to change their user profile (i.e. email address, password, address, etc.), so I gave them access to the User Profile Web Dynpro iView (com.sap.portal.umeEnduserWD). I assigned the action UME.Manage_My_Profile for the portal role they use. Unfortunately, this action also gives them the ability to change their user mapping, which displays the system user. I also tried the action UME.Read_My_Profile and UME.Manage_My_Password, but this gives them read-access to their user mapping.

Is there a way to remove the User Mapping tab from the User Profile Web Dynpro iView?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

A couple of options which might be handy for ya.

1. Search for the personalize-user mapping iview in PCD.

Set the property of the iview : Invisible in Navigation Areas : YES

2. If all your users are assigned a eu_core / standard user role or a copy of open this role and delete the user mapping iview assigned to it.

P.S If you are working on the standard roles shipped by SAP please be careful, because once you delete these iviews,you cannot use them later. Instead a copy of the standard roles is advisable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Another option would be to have the users log on to the target system with their own user and not a system user acting as a proxy. Probably not possible at this point, but SAP recommends avoiding user mapping entirely if you can. Give your users the same user ID in both systems.

-Michael

alexander_gtz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

did you solve your problem meanwhile?

I had the requirement to show only the tab where to change user, password and personal info and even on this tab only specific entries.

I looked at it and it seems the only chance is in copying and changing the WebDynpro Component.

But I didn´t do it until now.

Regards

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer working with the system object. By setting the field User Mapping Type to "admin", that system will not show in the list of systems in the User Mapping tab of the User Profile iView. It does, however, still show for user administrators in Identity Management.

This solution is not ideal, as I would rather not show the tab, if the user can not change their user mappings. But at least they can not see the system user or change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I have a similar requirement to show only limited tabs in the personalized link.

I have to show only the customised information tab from the user profile.How do we achieve this?

Thanks,

Rajani