Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in SAP Regional structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation here.

If the Postal department of a country sends a record(address) which is either to be added or deleted in the SAP Regional structure,but my client(ISU company) wants somebody from his team to review or validate that address record before it is updated in the Regional structure.

This is because they think that they might be a year or so ahead from the Postal department in terms of addresses and might either have that record already present in the system or do not want to delete it as it might impact their assets on that address.

Could anyone tell me what all validations can be done corresponding to that record and what is the procedure for the same.We are only updating the Postal Codes,Streets and the Cities through the SAP standard report RSADRLSM02.

Remember that the person reviewing or validating the address will not have much knowledge of SAP,so he would expect some user friendly approach to do this.

Kindly suggest some feasible approach for the same.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand it's a very old question. However I have a question on the similar line so just thought of asking. How can we delete entire regional structure which is incorrect from the system?

Thanks,

Amol

SudhakarV
Explorer
0 Kudos

Puneet

I have a question related to address validation / verification. We want to understand the extent of checks SAP offers by using RSADRLSM02.

We have been suggested by some to go with external software for address checks as opposed to using SAP regional structures.

We are looking for some feedback from customers who have used SAP regional structures before we proceed one way or the other.

Would you mind sharing your experience or point me to a contact ?

Thanks

Sudhakar