Webdynpro ABAP pdf form hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

I am using WebDynpro ABAP with:

SAP GUI 640 Patch level 23

Adobe Designer is 7.1.3129.1.296948\

Adobe Reader is 9.0.0

I create a view with a button (with source code behind it) and an interactive_form. I add the dataSource, templateSource, and have a place for the pdfSource to be store as an XSTRING. When I test the web dynpro application with the interactive_form ENABLED, I can not interact with the button. The screen will just say "WAIT" and show the wait screen forever. If I disable the interactive_form, the button then works. Also when I place a webdynpro submit button inside the pdf form, it does not do anything when clicked.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. Clicked that by mistake.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have Adobe 8.0.0 and it works for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

It seems that if I create the form with SFP transaction, then everything works fine. But if I create it through SE80, then I get the problem originally wrote about.

Regards,

Vince

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created from SE80.

Its strange!!

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change the layout type of the form to ZCI

to do this: run the transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reema.

Thank you for your reply, but the form is already set to ZCI. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Vince

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the form display type.

I have a similar situation.

My form display type is activeX and layout type is ZCI

Interface is XML schema based - generated.

Even if the layout type is ZCI, I would still suggest you to update the form using the SFP_ZCI_UPDATE transaction.

If it doesn't work even after that, try making the display type as ActiveX. But I am not too sure about this. I guess it shoudl work even with Native.

Pl post the solution if you find it!

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The display type is native. I ran the SFP_ZCI_UPDATE and it did some updates, but it still did not solve the problem. I tried to change the display type to activeX, but there were some configuration problems when when supporting software was attempting to be downloaded. My adobe reader is version 9 and it was trying to download 7 I believe.