Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BEX Structures

Hi,

I have read several posts on this forum but I am still not clear about Structures.

Can anyone explain me:

1. What is a structure and whats its use. When to use when we have RKF, CKF, Formula, Filters?

2. How do I create one?

3. Where do I create Global, Local structure. I mean are the global ones on left and local ones on right in Bex?

Replies will be appreciated generously.

-TC

Former Member
Former Member replied

Think of it this way .... you cannot have a query with key figures without a structure. When you drag a key figure onto your query, a local structure is created automatically for you.

If you like that structure and want to use the exact same structure in another query, or you want to lock that structure down with security, then you can save that structure. When you save the structure, it becomes a global structure that you can use in other queries attached to the same cube.

Thinking in other terms, you have a GL Account characteristic structure that you want to report one-way on Income and another way on Balance Sheet, you can save the structure and use it in two different queries where the key figures are different (one set for income statement, and another set for Balance Sheet).

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question