Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how it works Rescheduling as well Planning horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Gurus,

I have a situation quite strange :

I have a Customer requirement with del date 03.11.2008 which refer a planned order firmed that has been moved at 12.09.2009, the MPS run create another planned order with reference to the customer requirement.

Now I check the planning horizon as well as the rescheduling horizon and respevectly are 253 and 180.

I would like to understand how the rescheduling horizon is managed and as well the planning too.

Could somebody give me the some help?

regards

Gianluca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is already selected, also the rescheduling horizon over the firmed planned order, what you mean is that with the period open considering the planning horizon according to the yearly working days and the rescheduling horizon according to the yearly working days, I will have coverage for more than a year time for planning.

Regards

GG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is it MTS or MTO?

Can you give me yr MD04 entries so that i can analyse.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

thanks for your clarification it was amazing, I solve the issue opening the rescheduling horizon due the fact that the rescheduling horizon -if I do not getting wrong- will give the opportunity to take into consideration the firmed planned order also if you move forward it so much so I hope it and now everything is working propely.

Regards

Gianluca

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is yr plnnaing time fence? and what is the MRP type

all depends on firming type you have choosen in MPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

The planning time fence is set to 0 for all the MRP type,

what can be caused by it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then it is fine.

Planning horizon -

Those materials that have undergone a change that is relevant to MRP within the planning horizon are included in the planning run. Such materials receive a net change planning indicator in the planning file.

example if it is say 30 days, then the requirements whaich are with in 3 months from today will be considered for net qty calculation during MRP.

Rescheduling horizon - The rescheduling period represents the period in which the system checks whether the existing dates of the receipt elements that are no longer allowed to be changed automatically still suit the requirements situation. If the dates of these elements are no longer suitable, the system creates the following messages depending on the requirements situation:

Bring operation forward, if the date of the requirement lies before the date of the receipt element.

Postpone operation, if the date of the requirement lies after the date of the receipt element.

Reverse operation, if the requirement no longer exists.

In reschduling check if you activate the check for firmed planned orders in OMDW, then it will get the rescheduling date after the MRP run so that you can make the changes.

If you donot activate the check, then system will not consider the firmed planned order even if it is with in resheduling horizon and create a planned order.

Now tell me what setting you have in OMDW.