cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about this job SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

For what is this job: SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS ?? The SAP people recommend me to schedule this jobs in my XI environment but I check over the internet to find some information of it but I don't find much. Someone can explain me the uses about this job and what are the risk if I use it? if any..

Thanks a lot people!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

OK, so, what is the function of this job? delete the old messages?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Its not to delete the messages, i was searching thru SDN and found this -

the idoc-adapter converts the payload to an idoc and creates an rfc-call in background task. This call is managed by the tRFC schedules, which works in a different task than the xi runtime.

After calling the trfc-layer, the xi-message is completed and there is no chance for the xi-runtime to check if the message was successfully transfered to the receiver system. The RFC-Schedules checks regulary the receiver resources, if one is free the rfc-call is transfered to the receiver system. The report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS is scheduled in background task and checks if the calls are executed by the rfc-Scheduler. There is no other technical solution possible here for a faster procession. It is an asynchronous protocol, not a synchronous.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In our XI environment, the IDOC messages were not getting archived / deleted. Once we scheduled this report, the archive / delete job was able to archive / delete these messages after the retention period. I can also tell that, when you view a message from SXMB_MONI this report is automatically executed.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this report is mainly used to update message adapter status.

Usually we have different status in each stage of message processing. I think this job updates statuses mainly when we use IDoc adapter or some logical unit of work (Business process engine).

Thanks

Sai