cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport Invalid Argument provided. Failed to open a rowset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I've been stuck for a few days and searched all the related topics and still not get it.

I have a main report with 4 sub reports. The crystal reports is able to export to a pdf under development (when debugging with http://localhost:2558/project) Everything is fine under development.

It always gives error when running under virtual directory (//localhost/project/):

Invalid Argument provided. Failed to open a rowset. Failed to export the report. Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Statement {4E9ED1BF-01A2-4072-8E6D-C265E2BDC6CA}.rpt: Invalid argument for database.

And SQL server has log event "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11.

I am using window authentication connect to SQL server and set .IntegratedSecurity = true in connectioninfo. And I did check all the report and subreport connection info, they are set correctly. And if there is only main report, it works well.

The only concern is about parameter linking to the subreports from the main report. the parameters in subreports all linked to the field in the main report.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

I really appreciate your help

Nina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hit the same error. I found out that this is due to the OLEDB connection type.

After i've changed the connection to ODBC for both the main & sub reports then the error solved.

Of course you've to insert lines of codes to apply the logon info to sub reports. you could find the sample codes from vs help file.

hope it helps.

Edited by: Foo Keong Lai on Oct 18, 2008 9:31 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

verify the database to make sure nothing changed on the back end that didnt reflect in the report.

i would try to ping the odbc for all the subs make sure they connect that error message can pass the login

is it connecting the the correct data base.

what happens if you remove the joins on the sub and try to run it that way to see what is the problem