cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass INfoview Login Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have enabled Single Sign On for Windows NT Authentication. (.Net environment and Windows2003 server, BO XIR2)

I was wondering if there is any way to bypass the infoview login page so that user does not need to select the windows NT authentication and is directly taken to his or her home page.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To bypass the infoview login screen we use the following link which I think is standard, just replace the SERVERNAME with your server name.

http://SERVERNAME:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/logon/logon.do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I figured out the solution. There are some changes which you need to do in the WEB.config file to bypass the infoview log in page

Just using that link wont be of any help.

let me know if you need the steps. I can post it here

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Steps to Bypass the infoview login page are as follows :

Enable NT Authentication

-

1. Start the Crystal Enterprise Launchpad.

2. Click 'Central Management Console'.

3. From the Central Management Console (CMC), click 'Authentication'

4. In the 'Windows NT' tab, ensure that the 'NT Authentication is enabled' check box is selected.

5. Ensure you have configured the default domain and add the groups you want to give access to.

NT Authentication is now enabled.

Disable anonymous access

-

1. On your web server computer, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Services Manager. The 'Internet Information Services' dialog box appears.

2. Click the '+' sign next to the computer icon to expand the view.

3. Click the '+' sign next to the 'Default Web Site' to expand the view.

4. Right-click the Default web site folder and then click 'Properties'

5. Click the 'Directory Security' tab and then click the 'Edit' button in the 'Anonymous access and authentication control' section. The 'Authentication Methods' dialog box appears.

6. Clear the 'Anonymous access' check box.

7. Repeat the above steps for your application's virtual folder.

Anonymous access is now disabled.

Enable impersonation in your .NET application

-

\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise11\InfoView

Once the web.config file is open, use the following steps to modify this file:

1. In the <WebDesktopSettings> section, change the following values to reflect you installation:

<add key="cmsDefault" value="CMSMachineName" />

<add key="ssoEnabled" value="true" /> (changed from "false")

<add key="authenticationDefault" value="secXXXXXXX" /> (i.e. secWinAD for Windows Acitve Directory)

2. In the <system.web> section, find the authentication section and modify the following line:

To: <authentication mode="Windows" />

3. Add the following key before the "<authentication mode="Windows" />"

<identity impersonate="true" />

Restart the IIS server for the effects to work , also make sure the servername is added in the trusted sites

And now use the following link:

[http://servername/businessobjects/enterprise115]