cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat GroupFooter on each page

Former Member
0 Kudos

have main report and that main report has page header and page footer. Main report has subreport also.

SubReport has fake groupHeader (to repeat pageheader on eachpage ) and its detail section is growing to more than one page so group footer shows at last where groups end

but i want groupfooter on each page

Anybody have any idea how to repeate groupfooter on each page same as its repeat groupheader.

Thanks

Kalpesh rathod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh

Group footer section is printed once at the end of a group. If you want to display certain information on every page you can use the page footer which is displayed on every page.

Please search for the kbase article c2006213 which describes the workaround for this.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you provie me the full link ?

i dont have any idea where its available.

Thanks

Kalpesh rathod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh

Please search for the article in the below link:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/support

Please let me know if you face any issues regarding this.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks buddy for promt reply

i clicked and it's asking abt username and password

i gave the same user name and password which i used to post thread but its not working

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh

Here is the content of the article for your reference:

To simulate a group footer that repeats on each new page, convert the page footer section into a mock group footer. You can then conditionally suppress the page footer on pages where last group's footer actually prints. This prevents the real and mock group footers both printing on the same page.

NOTE:

This workaround does have some limitations. For a detailed explanation, please read the 'Limitations' section at the bottom of this article.

1. Copy what is currently in the group footer (such as text objects, graphics, group name fields, and so on) to the page footer.

u2022 To select multiple objects, hold down the Shift key while selecting each object.

u2022 You cannot put inserted summaries or subtotals into a page footer. To display subtotals for the portion of the group displaying on the page, create running total formulas with variables. For instructions on how to do this, see step 4.

2. Flag the real group footer. This prevents the mock group footer from printing when the real group footer has already printed for last group on the page.

3. On the 'Insert' menu, click 'Formula Field' and create these formulas:

@Flag1

//Turns on the flag

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar x := 1

@Flag2

//Turns off the flag

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar x := 0

4. Place {@Flag1} in the Group Footer section and place {@Flag2} in the Group Header section.

5. Conditionally suppress the Page Footer:

i. On the 'Format' menu, click 'Section'. The 'Section Expert' dialog box appears.

ii. On the 'Sections' list, click the Page Footer section.

iii. On the 'Common' tab, click 'X+2' beside suppress. The 'Conditional Formatting Formula Editor' appears.

iv. Copy and paste this formula:

// Suppresses the Page Footer if the Group Footer is on the page

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar x = 1

v. Save this formula and close the Formula Editor.

vi. Click OK to return to the report.

6. Create a running total variable to display the subtotal for the group that prints on this page. This will display in the mock group footer, and only applies to the last group that prints on the page (and the group continues on to the next page).

7. On the 'Insert' menu, click 'Formula Field' and create these three formulas:

@Formula 1

//Initializes the variable

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar RunningTotal;

RunningTotal := 0

@Formula 2

//Increments the variable

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar RunningTotal;

RunningTotal := RunningTotal + {database field}

@Formula 3

//Displays the variable

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar RunningTotal;

8. Place {@Formula 1} in the Group Header section (you can suppress this formula)

9. Place {@Formula 2} (or 2a) in the Detail section (you can suppress this formula)

10. Place {@Formula 3} in the Page Footer/Mock Group Footer section.

When you preview the report, you now see a mock group footer that prints for the last group on a page, if that group continues to the next page.

Limitations:

When you conditionally suppress a Page Footer (or Page Header) any data or text within the section gets suppressed but the space allocated for the Page Footer remains. This happens because Crystal Reports reserves space for Page Headers and Footers before it evaluates an conditional suppression formulas.

This is not a problem if the Group Footer (and therefore the Page Footer) is not very high - for example, the height of a typical field.

However, if the Group Footer is higher than an inch or more, whenever the 'real' Group Footer appears and the Page Footer ('mock' Group Footer) is suppressed, there will be a large blank space at the bottom of the page.

This is of particular concern when printing to a pre-printed form, where each field must sit in a certain space. In such a case, we don't suggest using this workaround.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

its nice work around but it says about "Page footer" while subreport doesnot have page footer.

if group is in main report then it will work but if you have group in subreport then i dont think so this will helpful.

thanks

Kalpesh rathod

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kalpesh,

I'm not sure what you want to display in a group footer on every page in a subreport but if you are looking to have page footers in a subreport then search for note 1216554. This details how to use a details subsection printed at the bottom of every page.

You may also want to look into using a hyperlink to another report as opposed to a subreport. Though the target report won't display in the original report it would be a main report itself with main report functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for prompt reply.

let me explain the situation.

We have PageHeader and PageFooter in main report that should repeat on each page.

i have 100 reports so i made subReport for header and footer which i placed in main report . this i have done because in future if header or footer will change then just need to edit subreport and it will reflect all 100 reports.

Now i provide user to insert Chart and comment dynamically.

Comment is RTF Text

so i have desinged subreport for chart and comment and that chart and commet should come exactly below the page header. comment is user input. comment can be very long but chart is small.

so i made subreport and place image holder and RFT formula for comment in detail section in that subreport and placed this subreport in mainreport 's pageheader-b section below the main report's pageheader.

and then i have report body in detail section which is table kind data and i need to repeat that table's header to next page if table grow more than one page.

so design of main report is kind of

PageHeader a (subreport of PageHeader)

PageHeader b (Chart & comment subreport)

PageHeader c (Tabular data 's header)

Detail (Data)

PageFooter (subreport of pagefooter)

Now problem is if Comments grows more then a page then its saying that pageheader is too long to fit in page.

So i placed PageHeader subreport in ReportHeader a then after ReportHeaderb (subreport of chart & comment) so its can grow to second page then pageHeader a (again subreport of PageHeader which i conditionally supressing on page one).

so now problem is comment grows to second page but in first page not showing footer and second page no pageheader and not pagefooter.

i hope you understand the situation if need more clarification then i can provide.

Many Thanks

Kalpesh Rathod

Edited by: kalpesh rathod on Sep 12, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers (0)