cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export toText File Crystal2008 prints blank row for a suppressed subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a Positive Pay export report that must be exported as a Text file. The main report contains one subreport for every SAP B1 database (over 10). Some subreports are blank because no records are selected. In Crystal, the sub report does not display because I have Suppressed Blank Section in the Detail sections of the sub reports, selected Suppress Blank Subreport in the Format Editor of the subreport, and selected Suppress Blank Section in the Section Expert of the main report. However, when I export to a Text file the suppressed subreport creates a blank row in the text file, which the bank will not accept. I am convinced this is an error in the export function of Crystal 2008. Has anyone encountered this and do you have a workaround/solution?

Thanks,

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

the export has never been 100%, have you tried to export it to a different format like a csv?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bank won't accept a CSV and forcing my client to go through an extra step to export to Text isn't an option. I have a fixed width text field (156 characters), 1 per row, and there should be no blank rows. This shouldn't be a difficult requirement for Crystal Reports to meet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem and can't find a solution as well. It looks to be a bug in the export function of Crystal. When exporting to Excel no blank lines are printed and all variables are passed through from the subreport to the main. When exporting to text blank lines appear. Does anyone have a solution?