cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval triggered by zero valued rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to create an approval process where Goods Receipt POs that have any zero valued rows are sent for approval.

My understanding of a long time ago is that you cannot trigger an approval based on a information at row level. However, things might have changed now that i have moved to version 2007A.

So if a user tries to create a Goods Receipt PO where any of the lines have a zero value, I want to start an approval process. Is it possible in 2007A?

TIA

Douglas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try changing the stored procedure. That should do what I need.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can apply no authorization to reqd.user.

Administration>System Intialization>Authorization>General Authorization>Select reqd. user in left side-->

Click orange arrow of sales A/R>Sales Reports>

Document with zero amounts-->No Authorization.

Jeyakanthan

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Douglas,

You understanding about Approval on row level values is absolutely correct. There is not much of a change in 2007 either.

If not Approval would blocking the transaction be an option.

Please let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Blocking the tranasactions would be suitable in this case. How could I do that?

Regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can block the transaction using 'SP_TransactionNotification' stored procedure.

You can find the help of this Stored Procedure from the following link:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e991e2b9-0901-0010-0395-ef5268b00aaf]

Also you can search with word 'Stored Procedure' in the forum to get lost of Threads on this.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to get some insights on how the SP Transaction Notification works. If you need help in your specific question area please provide more details and I should be able to guide you further

Suda