cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making fields as required in vendor/customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

For my client , the country payment method C (check) has a tick in the box which requires Street Address, PO box or PO Box code.

This makes the above fields in vendor master to be filled for check payment during APP run. I've made the changes in vendor FSG and made street & Po box as required entry instead of optional.

The payment method C is also assinged to customers.

I want to know do i have to make the FSG in customer for street & PO Box cumpulsory too as we do not have to make payments to customers. Although most of the customer master has payment method C assigned.

Please send in your views.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidyut Mallick,

For that your requirement go through this t.code OBD2,OBD3(Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers/Vendors)

There selcet which account group through you created vendor and customer go details and select general data in field staus

there whichone you want to require that you select as required

May be this information is useful to you

Regards

Surya

ramakrishna_ailanani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally customer will make the payment,

Ex: You made a sales to customer X for USD 1000, but your customer by mistake send the cash for USD 1100, Now the customer has stoped the business transactions with you. for final settlement you need to make the payment to your customer for USD 100. If you want to make the payment through APP, then Street Address, PO box or PO Box code should be updated.

When ever the you are making a payment to your customer before running APP you need to check the filed Street Address, PO box or PO Box code in master data to avoid that its better to make the filed Street Address, PO box or PO Box code as required using FSG.

Thanks and Regards

Rama Krishna.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, Customer master = OB20 & Vendor master =OMSX Enter OB20, select Create Customer (Sales). Then detail button. You can find two option, 1) General Data, 2) Sales Data Double click on this two option you get list of fields. Then change its status as required or display as per your requirement. Then create customer and see field status. Then same process done for vendor master. Regards, Mahesh Wagh