cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/U profit and loss in Inventory : upload of inventory data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people!

I am having a problem at the moment to load data information related to inventory data to use for Elim. of IU Profit/Loss in Inventory : NO data records were read

The following information could be useful to understand better the problem :

I defined to Inventory Data, flexible upload layout according this example

Controlling Area CYT0

Company GL08

Trading partner

Version 100

Posting period 10

Fiscal year 2008

Item 11090102

Product Group FERT

Periodic quantity 2

Period Value 300

Then I define method, using in data stream "Inventory data" and finally assigned this to the task

FERT is defined as Product Group in the Menu Elim. of IU Profit/Loss in Inventory/Settings/Produc Groups

Item is defined Menu Elim. of IU Profit/Loss in Inventory/Settings/Inventory Item

Must I defined something additional for Item ? Breakdown category ? Now the account is defined as balance sheet

Perhaps loading is validating something, but the log is really poor, do you have some ideas about it ? a clue ?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

Yes, you may try to define some additional characteristics.

But, even if you are succesful to do it, these additional chars are not taking into account by the system.

:=(((

It's a huge drawback.

The only way out is a proper determination of the subitems for inventory and the product groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene, I agree with your comment

"The only way out is a proper determination of the subitems for inventory and the product groups"

I got extra information about it saying " the inventory FS items need to have a breakdown category that include a berakdown by unit of measure and for product group. Since you want to load periodic quantity = 2 this is only possible when the FS items has a breakdown by unit of measure"

However, in the breakdown category product group characteristic does not appear ??? should it show as standard ? or must I do something ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

" the inventory FS items need to have a breakdown category that include a berakdown by unit of measure

- correct

and for product group.

- wrong

Since you want to load periodic quantity = 2 this is only possible when the FS items has a breakdown by unit of measure"

- correct

However, in the breakdown category product group characteristic does not appear ???

- and shouldn't

should it show as standard ?

- no

or must I do something ?

- create an hierarchy of Product Groups and provide appropriate data while loading AFD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right. I defined breakdown category that include a berakdown by unit of measure; then I uploaded data correspondig to inventory and supplier; and then produce the postings to calculate the difference between price and COGM.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn not mention a value for trading partner and I believe this is necessary for the elimination to be complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anyway!!!