Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item text not getting copied into sales order from inbound Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where in we get the sales order created through a inbound 850 idoc .

The trading partner sends the sales order information which gets through GENTRAN and gets posted as inbound idoc in SAP .

The problem here is that ,there are segments with values for item text in the idoc ,but the item text is not getting carried over to the sales order which is getting created because of this idoc.

There is no problem with the header text and it is present both at the idoc as well as the sales order level.

I have checked the configuration for text determination and everything looks fine .

Please let me know has anyone come across a scenario like this .This is important as our EDI is getting failed when an outbound 810 is sent from SAP for the simple reason that there is no item text .

Thanks

Sridhar

4 REPLIES 4

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check segment E1EDPT1-TDID & E1EDPT1-TSSPRAS have filled with proper values and also check E1EDPT2-TDLINE have values

0 Kudos

HI,

I have checked it and all these segments have values populated .

Thanks

Sridhar

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar

Do you have access to the genuine 850 EDI message? Does it contain the item texts? If so then there is probably a problem with the (XSLT) mapping EDI 850 -> ORDERS.ORDERS05 IDoc.

Are you able to test the mapping independent of the EDI transmission? This way you could nail down the problem.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Is any body can give a solution for the above issue, Currently i am facing the same issue ."

"Item text not getting copied into sales order from inbound Idoc"

Can anybody share your possible solutions,

Many thanks