cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXI DB2 distributed sap systems and rsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are running sap with aix 5.3 and db2 v9. our application server, central instance and database are running on different servers. Until now we are using rsh to start the distibuted systems. security colleagues asked us to change to ssh. we have seen, that it is possible to start db2 with ssh. but it is also possible in a distributed sap system to set rlogin=false and doesn't use rsh anymore?

thanks

alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member640873
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Not sure if you are using a multi-partition DB2 environment (or DPF - Data Partitioning Feature). If so, and you wish to use ssh, there is an OSS Note that talks about how to enable it:

OSS 1138605

I hope this helps!

Regards,

malte_schuenemann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not sure what you are asking about - indeed, to use ssh for DB2 is of importance for DPF systems (i.e. BW-based SAP systems in multi-partition environments).

If you are asking how to enable ssh for starting SAP systems, then I guess the approach is to replace 'rlogin' by 'ssh' in your scripts. Of course, you need to ensure before that ssh is working as intended. E.g. if you expect the process to work without providing passwords, then you need to ensure that ssh can login without a password. You can find related information in the net e.g. searching with keywords

ssh automatic login

If all this does not help, or address your issue, please provide more exact information, e.g. the scripts you use.

Answers (0)