cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirected restore performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019ve been looking at our redirected restores, trying to determine how to speed up the process.

Iu2019ve read an SAP document suggesting using a standard Logical System Name across production, qa, and dev (for example r3clnt100 as the name for production qa and dev) by not specifying the sid in the logical system name you eliminate the need to run bdls after a redirected restore. The bdls run (in our case runs, we have xi, bw and apo attached to our r3 system) constitute a significant amount of the time, so eliminating them would have a dramatic affect. Does anyone have experience with using a standard logical system name across prod, qa, and dev rather than having the sid in the logical system name? What are the pros and cons of that approach?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use this approach, I do not need to run BDLS.

if you are stuck with entries such as PRDCLNT100, you can still get rid of BDLS if you are able to accept that PRDCLNT100 points to your QAS system. you simply need to change entries in SM59.

permanent solution is to run BDLS on a PROD system, but who can really handle long down times?

malte_schuenemann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

After reading the document from above, this does not appear to be a database related issue. I do not think that we can answer it in our context. Based on information at the end of the document, questions should be directed to general installation teams.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was using google to find options for bdls and found this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6931413f-0b01-0010-c190-c21bc671...

The document title is SAP System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver and mySAP Solutions -- Best Practice for Solution Management

malte_schuenemann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have been asking around in my team - can you tell me which document you are referring to ?

Thanks,

Malte