cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on SAP Strategy Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am very new to SAP Strategy Management (SSM). I already tried to find some information about it in the web, but unfortunately most documents only provide high level information (mostly marketing slides). Therefore I would be grateful if you could answer the following questions:

1. SSM provides charts for data visualization. Is there an overview of supported chart types? Is there a source which gives further information about chart customization?

2. SSM provides a collaboration functionality that enables user to add comments. Can comments only be maintained on query level, or also by navigation state (e.g. comment is only shown, when navigating to Calendar Year 2006 and Company Code 4711)?

3. Is it possible to print comments / export comments combined with charts / reports to PDF

4. Can users upload documents (e.g. MS Word docs)?

5. A new version was just released which is supposed to have a better integration with SAP BI. What are the improvements in terms of integration? How can SAP BI data be accessed?

6. What are the current system requirements for SSM?

7. Where can a documentation on SSM be found (I could unfortunately only find an installation guide on service.sap.com)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Marco

Edited by: Marco on Sep 15, 2008 10:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Marco,

Here is some information about SAP Strategy Management:

1. SSM provides charts for data visualization. Is there an overview of supported chart types? Is there a source which gives further information about chart customization?

Strategy Management provides out-of-the-box packaged reporting templates: Benchmarking, Trending, Percent Contributions within subtotals, Exceptions, Rankings, Ad-Hoc reporting of multiple dimensions & metrics.

With Strategy Management, you can also provide links to reports or charts in other applications for further drill-down or exploration.

2. SSM provides a collaboration functionality that enables user to add comments. Can comments only be maintained on query level, or also by navigation state (e.g. comment is only shown, when navigating to Calendar Year 2006 and Company Code 4711)?

Comments are added by users to specific areas and can be defined as to which user groups have access or visibility to these comments. These comments are directly associated with a specific area (i.e. objective, KPI, initiative, etc.) with a tagging icon to show individual users if there are new, unread, comments since their last access to system.

Comments are added at the user interface level and would be stored in either the MaxDB or SQL database, depending on how the implementation was configured.

3. Is it possible to print comments / export comments combined with charts / reports to PDF

Strategy Management has an Operational Review function that allows users to capture screenshots, annotate them and publish as a pdf report.

4. Can users upload documents (e.g. MS Word docs)?

Throughout Strategy Management is the ability to provide links to other reports, internal or external documentation, as well as other applications. Best practices would have an associated link to documents.

5. A new version was just released which is supposed to have a better integration with SAP BI. What are the improvements in terms of integration? How can SAP BI data be accessed?

The improvements are an administrator tool that provides a basic user interface to simplify the handling of BI connectivity: importing schemas, defining virtual measures, creating scorecard metrics, and importing data.

6. What are the current system requirements for SSM?

That information can be found in the installation guides.There is a Master Guide and a Sizing Guide which will both be helpful.

7. Where can a documentation on SSM be found (I could unfortunately only find an installation guide on service.sap.com)?

The best public resource for documention about SSM is the BPX Community> Enterprise Performance Management

Hope this is helpful,

Bob

Answers (0)