Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are on BO-XI R2

I had scheduled deski reports and sometimes it failed and i have these error messages :

- Error Message: File aylvqwpmrblcu_db0kmp8rg.rep not found on File Repository Server

or

- Failure of the operating file system for the file aylvqwpmrblcu_db0kmp8rg.rep

So we run again the scheduled file and it works...

Do you know the cause of this problem?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am also getting the same Error in File C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\IGSAPP03.reportjobserver\~tmp14005660cff39c2b.rpt: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 18456 error while I am trying to schedule the report from infoview. When I run the report by clicking on the report link with out scheduling it, it runs fine. This means, the report is hitting the database, but there is some problem with scheduling. There are no any input parameters to the report also. Report job server and page server accounts have rights to the database too.

Please help! this is critical issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for virus as well, may be the virus is infecting the files and they are deleted by the antivirus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

Is always the same reports producing this behaviour or it's random?

Can you try the following:

- delete the report from the repository

- rename the report

- re-export the report

- re-schedule

You may also have to check the Event logs for errors.

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your answers!

it was not on the same report, so for the reports I had problem, I had re-exported them and re-scheduled them.

And since I have posted this thread, the problem has disappeared.

so i'm waiting 15 days before closing the case.

Regards,

Patrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

There is another cause for this issue which is as follows:

When you are scheduling a packaged report in Desktop Intelligence,

the following error message appears:u201D File not found on File Repository Server".

If the reports are taken out of the package and ran on demand it will succeed.

Recreate the package with valid reports that exist, or remove the reports from the package that have been removed from the repository or not migrated over.

I apologize, in the first line of the previous note I mentioned .RPT in place of .REP by mistake.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

The error message occurs because the report (.rpt) file has been manually deleted from the Output File Repository Server (FRS). The error message could also occur if there is an environment with multiple Input and Output File repositories that are not configured correctly to their home directories.

Resolution

======

To check if the .rpt file exists in the Output FRS

1.Log on to the Central Management Console (CMC). Click Objects.

2. Click the report object to view its properties.

3. Click the History tab to view the list of instances.

4. Click Success to view the latest instance. Scroll to Instance Location.

5. Note the path name to the report.

6. Check the file store under the Output directory for the report.

If the report does not exist, delete the instance from the History tab in the CMC. Reschedule the report.

To verify the configuration of multiple FRS

1.Log on to the CMC.

2. Click Servers.

3. Click the first Input file server. Note the home directory.

4. Click Home > Servers.

5. Click the second Input file server.

6. Check the home directory path for the second Input FRS. It must point to the same directory as the first Input FRS.

7. Repeat steps 2 through 6 to check the Output FRS.

====================

NOTE:

The Input and Output FRS physical machines must be able to connect to the file share for the file store. Also the Input and Output FRS are installed using the local administrator account. That account may not have rights to the network share for the file store. The security on the file store must be changed so the local administrator for each server can access it.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur