cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWI5 - times out when 'Completed Workitems' is selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am facing a situation where I'm unable to view the completed workitems for a user in Production. Whenever I execute SWI5 to view the completed workitems, it takes too much time and eventually times out.

Has any one faced such kind of a situation. What would be the right approach to fix this so that I can view the completed workitems for any use.

Any help will be appreciated. Please let me know if I can add any other information to make my question simpler to understand.

Regards,

Anwar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Talk to your basis people. They can make the database search much quicker by creating a new index to the relevant WF table. This same question has been also asked before few times, so try to search for other possible solutions.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Txn SWIA and give the task number and the status as Completed.

Regards,

Srikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

Thankyou for your response.

Even in SWI5, if I enter the task # in the task filter, the output is very quick. However, if I dont provide any data in the filter, SAP goes on and on. I believe I'll have to talk to the Basis people to add a new index.

Regards,

Anwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TRY Date Specific Search or increase your session time out with help of basis people.

Regards,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 options:

1 - Run the program in the background.

2 - As per previous reply, you could have BASIS people increase the parameter for running the ABAP program or set up indexes for quick execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish!

Thankyou for you reply.

I did try to execute the transaction in background - I did wait for about an hour but even then the job (in SM37) was still in progress. I may have got the output if I had waited for a longer time, but I dont think that will be useful.

I'll discuss with the Basis team to add a new index and then lets see how it goes.

Regards,

Anwar.