cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can smart form deal with INCLUDE TEXT node with INCLUDE statement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I want to display long text of purchase orders in smart form. Users add INCLUDE statement into long text. I use include text node in smart form to display the long text, but INCLUDE statement is not translated correctly and ignored simply.

I have searched the help document,and it mentions "SAP Smart Forms does not allow any control statements in include texts. They are simply ignored when the form is processed."

Then how should I output long texts in this condition?

thanks.

Edited by: feng yan on Sep 12, 2008 3:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Smartform will just ignores the control statement from the Texts.

May be user needs to copy the included text in the main text or you need to include that text in your Smartform as the Include node.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked over the SAP Notes 485733, and it says that it is impossible to translate control stataments in smart form.

thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi feng,

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a text module in SMARTFORM transaction code and insert that in the Smartform TEXT node.

Then it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Because yesterday is Chinese tranditional festival , The Mid-Autumn Festival , I am sorry that I didn't reply your answer in time.

virupaksha , are u sure that we can insert long text into text module dynimicly ? can you tell me how to insert purchasing order long text into it step by step?

thank you very much.

Edited by: feng yan on Sep 15, 2008 8:34 AM

Edited by: feng yan on Sep 15, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'll need to do something like the following;

Create a text node

Change the text type to 'Include Text'

The fields Name, Object and ID relate directly to the values in your SAPscript INCLUDE statement

You can also specify these as variables by clicking the triangle button to the right of the field.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Young:

The long text user edit perhaps include several INCLUDE statements and other mixed plain text 。I want to know if smart form can translate it .

thanks.