Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternate tables for bseg

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have to create a report for vendors and customers to be merged together

I was asking if its better to use tables bsik/bsak and bsid/bsad or bseg?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're selecting one or few vendors/customers, use the BSIK/BSAK/BSID/BSAD tables. If selecting by posting date, CPU date, document type, select via BKPF then BSEG for all entries.

Never select directly on BSEG except when having full primary keys available

Thomas

7 REPLIES 7

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're selecting one or few vendors/customers, use the BSIK/BSAK/BSID/BSAD tables. If selecting by posting date, CPU date, document type, select via BKPF then BSEG for all entries.

Never select directly on BSEG except when having full primary keys available

Thomas

0 Kudos

The selection will be on company

but since I have to sum up the amounts for the vendors and customers per company code, I was wondering if only bseg and bkpf can be used

when doing the loop to sum the amounts for creditors on one hand and the sum of customers on the other hand, can bseg table still be used?

0 Kudos

If you require monthly totals, also have a look at tables KNC1 and LFC1. Otherwise I don't think you need BSEG at all, since amount fields are also in BSID etc.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas

So I can use bsik and bsid only instead of bsad/bsid and bsak/bsik,then knc1 and lfc1

please confirm

0 Kudos

Hi

U should explain what u need to display: the table LFC1 and KNC1 are good if you need to show the balance of a certain FI period, but if u need to display the data of certain range of posting or document date, you need to use index table BSID/BSAD and BSIK/BASK.

Max

0 Kudos

Actually I'm not certain about your requirement, all you said was

>report for vendors and customers to be merged together

You now have some tables that you can analyse as well as some hints from Rob and myself, so maybe that is sufficient for you to come up with a solution.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see:

[Quickly Retrieving FI document Data from BSEG|]

Rob