cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

underlying tables for CN47N/CN48N and CN50N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, which are the main tables from which information is retrieved by transactions CN47N/CN48N and CN50N?

Thx, Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli, I have done a lot of tracing, but not in SAP (comming from the Oracle world). I don't know yet how to interpret the tracing from SAP. What I currently do to find the base tables of a transaction is using F1 on a field and then use the button technical info. This will give me a table (or view/structure) name. Then I use the SE84 to find the view or structure definition. For views I get by, for a structure is nott all clear how to find the underlying tables. I assume a structure is also a kind of view, not a database view but more like an applicational view.

However, I wil try to use the tracing functionality to try and find the database tables. Do you need to have ABAP knowledge to interpret the tracing? My ABAP knowledge is limited to being an ABAP programmer back in 1988 for 2 months....so nothing is left of it anymore.

Thx, Paul

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes, it's more understanding of underlying processes that is required to 'read' the trace. Regarding finding a table, I'll give you a tip; press F1 and double click on data element, then push 'where used' button, select tables and you will get the list. Of course, the same data element could be used in dozen of tables, but with certain logic and even from the description the right table could be determined.

Regards,

Eli

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Are you familiar with trace functionality? You can activate trace for all your activities in SAP and, then, after due analysis, determine the source of the data. You can switch and view the trace via System - Utilities - Performance Trace.

Regarding your question, the data is retrieved from AFVV, AFRU tables.

Regards,

Eli