cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have an issue related to release strategies for PR.

Requirement was like to Create new release strategies, there were some existing release strategies also. Main trigerring point was Purchasing Groups and Values.

I created New Ones then transported them to test system, then again i deleted the Existing ones then again i trnasported the changes to Test system, when i am testing there release strategies are trigerring correct for some Purchasing Groups and Document type combination but when i am creating with diff doc. type it does not pics the correct release strategies.

It is picking the release strategies which were existing prior to when i made changes.

i have checked in CL24N, it shows previous release strategies which it should not and i am not able to delete those entries as it says Object not found error message. these release strategies does not contain any data, this can be the reason i am not able to delete them.

I have tried to explain the scenario please revert in case of any questions.

thanks,

Prashant Rathore.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Before Deleting Release Strategy you should Release all the Old PRs (Unreleased) and then have to Perform deletion of Old Release Strategy.

If any of the Unreleased PRs Exist after Deletion of Old Release Strategy then System will throw this kind of Errors.

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

First release all the PO's with old release stratergy and then delete all the release stratergy configurations and assignments

Now create from the beginning with proper values.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all mekw sure in ME55 that no old PR is still exist without release

if any old PR exist with OLD relese strategy than you can not delete the release strategy

so make sure you release all the old PR than go back to config and delete the old release strategy and create new.